First round of songpick for spring semester happened today:
- Christine: Fidelity (Regina Spektor)
- Sarah: Floating Away (John Legend)
- Abby: 500 Miles (traditional)
- Rachel: Before He Cheats (Carrie Underwood)/Bust Your Windows (as performed on Glee) Mash up
Rachel still has wiggle room if she changes her mind, and Kelsey is doing her songpick tomorrow!
Rachel has the answer! Rehearsals will have 10 minutes for warm-ups, an hour for new songs, and 20 minutes for review. We’ll be covering songs as follows:
- Abby’s Senior Solo: Oct 7, Oct 8
- Gina’s Junior Solo: Oct 9, Oct 10
- Susan’s Junior Solo: Oct 11
- REVIEW EVERYTHING: Oct 18
- Carrie’s Senior Solo: Oct 21, Oct 22
- Vanessa’s Sophomore Solo: Oct 25-Oct 29
- REVIEW EVERYTHING: Nov 1
- College Group Song: Nov 4, Nov 5
- Fuck You Solo Audition: Nov 8-Nov 12
- REVIEW EVERYTHING: Nov 15-Nov 29
And then we’ll have 10 new songs in one semester instead of 9 new songs in a year!
It’s gotten pretty confusing. Just a reminder, rehearsals are:
- Wednesdays at 9 in the DC basement
- Thursdays at 7:30 in the Campus Center
- Sundays at 8 in the Campus Center
Because we’re singing 10 new songs next semester, we’ve got of arranging going on this summer. Apartment dwellers are tackling a few songs, and a couple of people are working in their hometowns. We have some new arrangers who will all do fantastic jobs on their pieces.
Allison has already started working on Kiss Me, so we want to make sure that everybody gets their range checks in to the group via email. Grab a piano and send in your comfortable range and your stretch range. Mark from middle C (like, I can sing from the F below middle C to the A in the second octave above middle C comfortably. True fact).